Monday, April 9, 2012

Vagina.

I love vaginas.

Well, let me just say that I love and support women. I got to experience The Vagina Monologues from a completely different perspective this year than I have in years past. The first time I attended Chase took me. I know, sounds strange, right? But he is a vagina warrior in every sense of the word. I attended each year after. This is my 5th year of vagina empowerment.

They changed my life! I came to love my woman self and my own vagina by listening to these accounts of other women that a woman named Eve Ensler interviewed.

If you ever have a chance to see them, then please do. It is one of the things I look forward to every year. I promise that they are not over-feministic and anti-men. They are just facts.

Wendy directed them, and we got to perform them this past weekend for 3 nights in a row. I loved every minute of it. I have never been in a play before! I have never acted. I enjoyed it!
There are many that are different, but I got to do one called "What if I Told You I Didn't Have a Vagina?"
It is a beautiful poem written for the women in the DR of the Congo. They are being systematically raped every day over MINERALS. Can you believe it? We have damn good lives here in the US. The stories are horrific. I won't repeat them here.

The Vagina Monologues are close to my heart. It's a cause I can get behind. I got to experience love and hatred and longing and fullness all within one and a half hours. It is, sincerely, life-altering.

To understand, read about the women, and even support this cause, please go to http://www.vday.org/

It will truly change your life. Watch the monologues!

VAGINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment